May 19, 2013

Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

I'm really learning a lot by doing this blog- especially about the many ways avocado can be used. I've been trying to list as many recipes that feature avocado in them besides guacamole, and I already have some interesting avocado recipes posted up- including avocado ice cream!
But here we go again, this time with avocado cupcakes. And the avocado is paired with chocolate! And peanut butter! Who would've thunk it? It's incredible! So I seriously beg you to try this, because I'm sure most people who read this haven't had avocado cupcakes before...

Ingredients for the:

   Cupcakes:
2 C cake flour
1 C sugar
1/2 C cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking soda
dash of salt
2 tsp. vanilla
~1 C mashed avocado~
1 C warm water


Peanut Butter Icing
 1/2 C butter, softened
1 C creamy peanut butter
2 C powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp. milk

Instructions:

Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line cupcake pan with liners.
Step 2. Place flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt, vanilla and avocado into a bowl.


Step 3. Mix until incorporated; pour in the water, then mix until combined.

Step 4. Evenly pour the batter into the cupcake liners.

Step 5. Bake 18-20 minutes; until a toothpick comes out clean.  Set aside to cool.

To make the peanut butter frosting, whip the peanut butter and butter until creamy. Mix in the powdered sugar, then slowly whip in the milk until you reach the desired consistency. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and dig in!

Eat ^ UP,

                         ~Me~





No comments:

Post a Comment