May 20, 2013

Avocado-Chocolate Mousse

Chocolate Mousse. Chocolate Mousse. Chocolate Mousse.
I say it again and again in my mind. Just the sound of the name sends people to the kitchen table in two seconds flat. We had some mousse today, and it was then that I had one of those 'A-Ha!' moments- a chocolate mousse recipe for the blog.
But, of course, I stumbled upon gold while looking for silver- an Avocado-Chocolate Mousse. For once, I wasn't surprised. In fact, I'm getting kind of sick of avocado, and it's only been a couple days. But how could I refuse to add this to the growing empire of avocado-based recipes?

Also, here's a hint on what the next 'Food of the Week' will be: It's a famed dairy product, and there are many variations of it. If that didn't give it away, this will: The French are crazy for this dairy product. Ring a bell? Anybody could know this one, but if you don't hang on to your seats until next week!

Back to the recipe!:

Ingredients: 
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, such as Ghirardelli
 
semisweet chocolate chips½
4 very ripe (8-ounce) avocados, peeled and pitted
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup agave
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
Fresh raspberries, for garnish
 
Instructions:
 
Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Place over a small saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.

Place the melted chocolate, avocados, cocoa powder, agave, vanilla, and salt, and almond milk in a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Spoon into glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (can be prepared 1 day in advance). Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.
All Bites Reserved By,
 
                                       ~Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment