May 18, 2013

Food of the Week (FOTW) May 18th- May 24th: Avocado

Guacamole is one of my very favorite dips! It's seriously the best!
But, unfortunately, this week is featuring avocados, and I figured there could be a week featuring guacamole some other time, because I have many good guacamole recipes in store. So, here's some avocado fun facts, and I'll be posting an avocado recipe or two tonight.

The avocado, or alligator pear, is technically a fruit. People avoid eating the pit, but animals should avoid eating any of the avocado, because it is noted to be very harmful to many kinds of animals (including dogs, so don't give him that leftover guacamole!) and can even result in death sometimes, even to some birds.

Really, there's not much more I can say about avocados that I know on my own, and I'm afraid that stealing it from Wikipedia might be illegal, so I won't take any chances. But, I'll post some yummy avocado recipes throughout the week, along with some other different ones.

Eat ^ UP,

                          ~Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment